Thursday, May 20, 2010

GUILT (ALL CAP AND BOLD)

It's really bizzarre that you must feel guilty for taking some "me time" just for yourself. Even if it's for something as simple as a just-a-little-longer hair wash.
I mean, this elaborate ritual of oiling the tresses and cleanisng scalp and skin is shrunk into this one quickie of lather-some-shampoo-and-run. Uffpah, the things you end up doing. And then, to top it all, you feel guilty for it.
"What a waste of time! You know, you could have used that time to fold up that pile of clothes lying around for a week," says the little voice.
"Or you could have unpacked what's been in the boxes (from shifting home) for almost a year! What a waste of precious time when dear S is out of the way."
Can't believe that's me.
The same me who refused to wake up before 10 if it was a late start to the working day.
The same me who would fold and put away clothes on a lazy Sunday evening (reluctantly) watching a movie on the DVD.

Talking of which, I MISS MY MOVIES whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
And i feel guilty watching one, while feeding S or watching it while he's playing by himself. "Oh my God! I'm a terrible TERRIBLE mum. I'm back from work and watching movie instead of spending quality time with S! That desrves the gouging-out-of-eyes punishment."

No comments: