Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sound of Music

I love M.S. Subbulakshmi. I love her solid voice, her devotion-laden singing. I can even sing along to many songs I've been listening to from my childhood days.

But as much as I love her, I don't relish listening to her at 6.30 a.m, when I'm catching up on my last leg of sleep, and more so when it's someone in a neighbouring apartment playing it.

A new family has moved in. Not in our apartment block. But in the one that faces it's back to ours... on the next road. But hell! He plays his "Suprabhatam" and "Vishnu Sahasranama" and "Bhaja Govindam" LOUD. And since I know most by rote, I automaticaaly start chanting/singing along. You can't help it.

But honestly, all I want to do then is sleep.
Living all my life in an independent house, this experience is irritating.
I'm sure the same people will object if I played a Hindi film song every morning THAT LOUD as my suprabhatam

No comments: