Thursday, June 17, 2010

That sweet morning face

Honestly, nothing can be sweeter and heart melting than your baby's face soon after he/she wakes up in the morning. Ever felt that way?

I just love to cup his face in my palms and kiss his little dot of a nose.

The eyes seem bigger than they usually do, and so much more innocent, inviting and kiss-inspiring.

The whole face looks different -- smaller, tender and...how do you say it...lost? Yeah, I guess he looks lost.

And my morning routine with him is something I really look forward to. (Of course with him going to the babysitting place the last few days, it's shortened.) He asks me to come cuddle him in bed. Then he'll babble some gibbergish. Then we both laugh like maniacs and I kiss him like crazy and he LOVES it and coos back in return, and tries to kiss and bite my cheeks! His entire tone changes with this morning's shower of affection. Actually, it's the best part of my day, I realise, even as I write this down.

I always remember that song from the Darsheel Zafary-Amir Khan movie "Taare Zameen Par" - that exact line in the song "Jame Raho" where it says "Yahaan alag andaaz hai..." where Darsheel wakes up languidly and reluctantly to the morning.

That's how I hope he'll take his life -- cool, slow, easy and at his own pace. Amen.

No comments: